Saturday, 17 November 2012

Holiday in Menorca

Well, things have been rather busy here, hence the late posting, but Daddy, Mummy & I had a great holiday in Menorca back in October.

It was so easy as Granddad took us to Bournemouth Airport, then after a 1 1/2 hour flight & 1 hour transfer we were in our nice hotel in Cala En Bosch at the southwest extremity of the island.  I loved the flight and kept taking Daddy to look at the plane while we were waiting.

We were lucky with the weather as we had lots of nice sun but it wasn't too hot.

Daddy only took his iPad and Fuji X10 compact camera.  It was nice to use the iPad to stay in touch with family back home.

Hibiscus around hotel

We all loved the food in the restaurant and it was very munchkin-friendly.  It even had a special section for children's food

Here I am chilling out with a drink in the apartment.  We had a lovely apartment that had a living room with kitchenette and a separate bedroom 

On our first walk around I found this horse straight away outside a local mini market shop

The local beach was very nice & only a 5-10 minute walk

Funky coloured boats

I spotted this toy from the balcony and had to go ride it!  Daddy said its a seal but I'm convinced its a horse!

We hired a quadricycle to pedal around the neighbourhood...hard work for M&D!

I'm a very curious little explorer now...ruins at Fornells

Colourful shop goods in Fornells
 Perhaps the highlight for me was seeing the Somni Horse show.  Daddy was a bit worried I might get tired, bored or play up, but he need not have been!  I say though 2 hours of show and was totally glued to it.  the horses were lovely  and did all sorts of exciting things.  I actually became a bit of an attraction for the audience as when the horses went out between acts I kept calling them back as I was a bit worried they were gone!  I did it rather loudly and was waving at them too.

Here are the lovely horses

Here I am with my own horse at the horse show

We hired a car for 3 days and explored the island.  Here we are on El Toro, a monastery on a high hill that gives a big view all around.  It was a bit cold and windy up there but very dramatic

Dady enjoyed finding interesting things to photograph

This is Ciutadella, the old capital.  We loved it there and had a really good look around on 2 separate visits
There is a nice harbour in Ciutadella

Busy munchkins like me need a coffee break

Ciutadella

Beach at Sant Tomas

Daddy was happy as he found some dragonflies near the beach

Here I am exploring some cave dwellings at Cala Morell

This lighthouse was just up the road from the hotel

Here I am in hysterics with Mummy blowing bubbles for me in Ciutadella

This is the second beach close to our hotel

The nice view from our balcony
It was a nice, relaxing holiday and we would definitely go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment