Friday, 4 February 2011

New Wood burner Stove

Today was quite exciting and a bit frustrating.

The exciting bit was that we had some workmen in the house who took out the old fireplace and put in a new limestone one.  They fitted a nice wood burning stove so we can have some cosy evenings and reduce the gas bill!  It took a bit over 6 hours, which was quite quick really.  Daddy is very pleased with the way it looks and only has to repaint the part of the chimney breast above the new mantlepiece because the new one is a bit lower.....not much work to get it looking perfect.

Here is how the old fireplace looked...we did like it but it couldn't take a stove because the marble resin and wood surround would not take the heat.



And here is new one.  The stove just fits into the original opening and keeps the original rear fire back, but the surround and hearth are all new.  You can see the bit above the mantlepiece that needs repainting.  The plastic bag in the stove contains the tools and a heat-resistant glove.


Anyway, the day was a bit frustrating because Mummy got called out to do interpreting for 3 crooks at Poole, so Daddy was left to look after me.  Daddy plays with me, reads to me, changes my nappies and is just fine most of the time, but he doesn't have boobs!  I did like watching the workmen for quite a while.  I was getting more and more hungry, but despite getting a bit grumpy I did sleep and was quite good really.  I still won't take a bottle of milk...its just not the same as a boob!

When Mummy got home I got fed and was all happy again.  Daddy took some photos of me in my little devil suit .  I didn't think I was that naughty though!




Granddad very kindly offered to pay for the new stove as he said it was our Christmas Present.  I'm a bit confused as Christmas was a while ago and Nana and Granddad got me some nice things already, but maybe the grown-ups didn't get anything.  Anyway we all love the stove and can't wait to get it working.  Apparently we should wait a few days to let the materials cure and then light a few small fires before using it properly.

Here is another photo of me in control of my electronic baby gym and chewing my teething toy.


No comments:

Post a Comment