Saturday, 30 April 2011

Cuckoo Fair

I had an interesting day today as Mummy & Daddy took me to the Cuckoo fair at Downton in Wiltshire.  I was asleep when we got there because I had been up for a long time.  Daddy says I am like the Duracell Bunny on fresh batteries, whatever that is!  When I woke up there was so much going on I was fascinated.

Daddy said it was a challenge taking photos of the dancers as he was using a manual focus lens.  He only took a very small camera bag and 2 small lenses because it was so busy and difficult to squeeze past people in some places.

Brass band
Then there were some ladies and a man doing Appalachian clog dancing...I liked the music a lot.


Round and round we go!
Then it got really funny when we saw some Morris dancers.  I liked the music and was laughing at the funny people who were dancing with sticks and handkerchiefs!  Daddy says it is a unique British cultural experience.  I did like the funny hobby horse that came around between dances with the master of morris dancing.

Master of morris dancers!



Daddy says the giant idol and hobby horse kind of remind him of a film called The Wicker Man.  He says I will have to grow up a lot before I can see that one!
This is me contemplating morris dancing with my Granddad
Anyway, the day got even better.  I started getting a bit grumpy because I was hungry and it was past my lunch time.  Mummy & Daddy took me to a lovely private garden where they were selling teas and the kind lady offered to warm my food up in her microwave.  To say thankyou Mummy & Daddy bought a draw ticket for a big teddy bear.  There was only one boy's name left on the long list of names, so we paid 50 pence for "Ian"and put the ticket in my name.  Anyway I must be very lucky because, as I was being fed, my ticket was drawn and I won the big bear now called Ian!!!!

I am especially lucky because Nana got me the World's greatest bear when I was very little and I often hug and wrestle him in my cot.  Ian looks like a different kind of bear, so I now have 2!  Daddy says if I'm that lucky he will buy me a National Lottery ticket, whatever that is...personally I think Teddies sound more interesting.  Here I am meeting my new friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment